Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> He struck out six and walked

zxlbxj1
Inviato il: Giovedě, 18-Ott-2018, 00:44
Quote Post

C.Ronaldo rabona Fan's

Gruppo: Members
Utente Nr.: 1439

Could Alex Burmistrov find his way back to the NHL? According to Slava Malamud, foreign correspondent for Sport-Express.ru, the former Jet may be looking to do just that as long as its not in Winnipeg. “He said that he knows that the Jets were looking to trade him, and if thats the case then he wouldnt mind it as long as he comes back to the NHL,” Malamud said while on TSN 1290s Rona Roundtable with Rick Ralph in reference to comments made to a Russian publication about Burmistrovs intentions of possibly coming back to the NHL. “Hes being kind of diplomatic there, but the vibe I caught from that exchange when I read it in the original Russian was that hes not too hot on the idea of coming back to Winnipeg, and he might want to try his luck somewhere else,” Malamud said. Burmistrov failed to live up to his billing as a top-10 NHL pick while in Winnipeg, with reports surfacing that he failed to see eye-to-eye with the teams coaching staff. “The vibe I got from him was that he didnt really like it anymore in Winnipeg,” Malamud said following Burmistrovs departure. “Not necessarily the city, but he didnt like the way he was being used. One of the phrases he said was, ‘Im willing to go to any club thats willing to let me play. That sort of implies that the Jets didnt let him play, or didnt let him play the way he wanted to play.” The Jets and Burmistrov parted ways following the 2012-13 season as the now 22-year-old returned to his hometown club Kazan Ak-Bars, where he posted a team-leading 10 goals and 37 points in 54 games. “I think that right now hes ready to come back because hes one of those Russian kids who grew up in the late 90s, and for them the NHL was their ultimate dream. I dont think hes willing to give up on that yet." Should he return to the NHL, the Jets hold his rights and would have to deal Burmistrov to another club for him to be eligible to play. “I think Burmistrov still thinks he can be a top six guy in the National Hockey League, whether there are NHL clubs who think the same, thats the question. I dont think hes going to make it as a grinder.” The Rona Roundtable with Rick Ralph airs weekdays from 11am-1pm CT on TSN 1290 Winnipeg. To listen to the rest of the interview download the podcast. Malamud: Could Burmistrov return to NHL?
Only registered users can see links
Registrati o Entra nel forum!
.J. - Pete Carroll is in support of the NFL looking further into whether medicinal marijuana could beneficial for players.
. So it was understandable if he was a little shaky early in his return to the Texas Rangers rotation. He spent most of the outing searching for his best stuff, but still managed to shut down the struggling Minnesota Twins offence.
- The Detroit Pistons and Boston Celtics both entered Wednesday nights game riding lengthy losing streaks.
. Irving played 10 minutes Sunday night before going to the locker room. He had two points and four assists, missing all five of his shots. The All-Star game MVP is the top scorer among Eastern Conference point guards with 21.
. Catch all the action on TSN2 and TSN GO at 9pm et/6pm pt. San Antonio took the series lead Monday night with a 122-105 home victory in Game 1. The Spurs used a balanced scoring attack and clamped down defensively late in the third quarter to claim the win.ST. LOUIS -- Matt Adams might want to have his fathers visit last longer. Adams homered for the third straight game -- all with his father in attendance -- and Matt Holliday also went deep, helping the St. Louis Cardinals to a 5-2 victory and series sweep Sunday over the Washington Nationals. Adams gave St. Louis a 2-0 lead in the second inning with a two-run shot on an 0-2 pitch, his sixth homer of the season. Adams father, Jamie, has been visiting from Pennsylvania on Fathers Day weekend. "Unfortunately, hes going to go home," Adams said. There were going to meet before Adams father left for the airport. "He might give me a big hug and start crying," Adams said. "Hes an emotional guy." Adams has homered in all three games since coming off the disabled list with a torn calf muscle. Holliday put St. Louis up 3-0 in the third with his fifth home run. St. Louis manager Mike Matheny never doubted his sluggers would start to hit the long ball after a slow start. The Cardinals are last in the National League in homers. "Weve been saying for months now these guys have done that," Matheny said. "Its not a surprise. Its not like these guys have never hit any home runs in their lives. I think that everybody just thought that we were either brainwashing them not to hit home runs or else they all lost it collectively and both of them are ridiculous." Last year, Adams had 17 homers in 108 games and Holliday had 22 in 141 games. "We knew that our power didnt go anywhere," Adams said. "We knew the type of hitters we are. We go out there on daily basis and grind through our at-bats." Jaime Garcia (3-0) pitched seven innings, allowing five hits and a run for St. Louis. He struck out six and walked two. Trevor Rosenthal got the final out for his 20th save. Washingtons Doug Fister (5-2) had his five-start winning streak snapped. He pitched six innings, allowing seven hits and four runs. "The two home runs were the biggest things for me," Fister said. "I need to find a better effort." St. Louis has won 12 of the last 14 regular-season meetings with Washington. The Nationals are 2-18 in the newest version of Busch Stadium. "We have a bitter taste in our mouths going home," Nationals outfielder Scott Hairston said. &"I think we definitely didnt play up to our capabilities.dddddddddddd" The Nationals loaded the bases in three innings, stranded 10 runners and scored on two bases loaded walks. The timely hit didnt come for Washington. "Its the ebbs and flows of the game," Washington manager Matt Williams said. "Its that time of the year where heavy legs start to set in a little bit." Garcia pitched out of a one-out, bases-loaded jam in the second. Third baseman Matt Carpenter caught Sandy Leons grounder on a short hop and threw out Hairston at home. Garcia then struck out Fister. Jayson Werth drew a bases loaded walk in the fifth to cut the lead to 3-1. "I didnt have my best stuff today but at the same time you go out there and you compete," Garcia said. "You battle and you keep your team in the game." St. Louis got the run back in the fifth, when Kolton Wong snapped an 0-for-16 skid with a leadoff triple and scored on a sacrifice fly by Holliday, who has 999 RBIs in his career. Craig doubled home Holliday in the seventh for a 5-1 lead. Rosenthal walked pinch-hitter Adam LaRoche in the ninth with the bases loaded to make it 5-2. NOTES: Reliever Carlos Martinez will make his second career start Monday when the Cardinals host the New York Mets. Martinez is taking the start in place of Adam Wainwright (elbow). ... Before Sundays game, the Cardinals purchased the contract of left-handed pitcher Nick Greenwood from Triple-A Memphis and optioned outfielder Randal Grichuk back to the affiliate. ... After starting 1,114 MLB games at third base, and 12 in left field, Ryan Zimmerman started Sunday at first base for the Nationals. ... Washingtons Danny Espinosa was hit by a pitch in the second inning, the eighth time this season. ... Washington CF Denard Span was scratched from the lineup due to back stiffness and replaced by Nate McLouth. ... St. Louis native boxer Devon Alexander threw out the first pitch. Alexander (25-2 with 14 knockouts) is a former WBC and IBF light welterweight champion and a former IBF welterweight champion. He has a welterweight fight against Robert Guerrero (31-2-1) on June 21. ... Randy Choates one-pitch win in Saturdays game made him the sixth pitcher in Cardinals history to throw one pitch and record a victory.
' ' '
PMEmail Poster
Utenti totali che stanno leggendo la discussione: 0 (0 Visitatori e 0 Utenti Anonimi)
Gli utenti registrati sono 0 :

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 1.8445 ]   [ 21 queries used ]   [ GZIP Abilitato ]

Skin Created by PuMa˛
.:CopyRight 2003 © RA TechCenter, RAA:.